Re: Full video of ship hitting and destroying the Francis Scott Key bridge in Baltimore

Sujet : Re: Full video of ship hitting and destroying the Francis Scott Key bridge in Baltimore
De : joegwinn (at) *nospam* comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 01. Apr 2024, 17:05:38
On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 20:27:34 -0700, Don Y
<blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

[snip]
Distressing to see "old folks" who just put it in reverse and HOPE
(it appears many elderly have problems rotating their heads that far)

It is possible.

I suspect it is the case.  As I get older, I am more observant of still older
folks' physical and mental "conditions".  The "don't look backwards while in
reverse" syndrome seems to be very real.

It is.  I'm in my 70s, and no longer can look over my shoulders, so I
try to maneuver the car enough to see for instance oncoming traffic
when entering a highway.  My wife also has this problem, but a bit
less so.

Nor is it possible to see backwards out of modern cars, which have
become far too aerodynamic, with tiny misplaced rear windows, so we
depend on those backup cameras.  Which can be rendered useless by
slush or droplets of water on the lens.

Joe Gwinn