A lot to be said for modern technology - even if it's Chinese!

Sujet : A lot to be said for modern technology - even if it's Chinese!
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 01. Apr 2024, 19:21:50
The Chinese have certainly come on  quality-wise from the crap they
used to churn out a couple of decades ago. I didn't expect much at all
from these two items I got off Ebay; less than 100 bux the pair, they
were. However, credit where it's due, they've worked wonders for the
paltry sum of money they want in return.
This photo shows a TinySA in RF generator mode outputting a claimed
-23dbm and some other Chinese gadget - an RF power meter - agreeing
with it to within 0.1dbm. Not only that, but both test as in spec with
my HP RF power meter. Not only *that* either, but they both go down to
-60dbm and agree all the way whereast the HP bottoms out at -30. And
the Chinks have done all that without recourse to the very expensive,
heavy and bulky thermistor head the HP unit requires. Respect is due,
here, I'd say. (we should still nuke 'em over Corona virus, but that's
another matter).

https://disk.yandex.com/i/CVMa6sDNc2X1Nw