Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers

Sujet : Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers
De : bill.sloman (at) *nospam* ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 12:32:10
On 4/04/2024 10:22 pm, Sn!pe wrote:
Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:
On 4/04/2024 6:40 am, Sn!pe wrote:
John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote:

The Guardian is objective and always true. I'm impressed.

Of course that's correct, provided you are content with left-wing truth.

The Guardian doesn't report "left wing truth". It aims for factual
accuracy. My experience was that the UK right-wing press ignored
inconvenient facts, and The Guardian didn't.
 I disagree; obviously YMMV.
You don't say why. There's a certain knee-jerk reaction to "Guardian readers" amongst demented right-wingers, and your reaction means you get assigned to that category. More information might have got you off the hook.

My take on this is that one should keep
one's critical faculties very firmly engaged when reading anything
published by any organisation that expects to make money from it
or that has a political agenda.
They all do. The Guardian's political agenda is dead simple - they want to provide reliable information. They are human, so they fall short,b bt they don't do badly.

I think there is little to be gained by arguing the toss on this so
please feel free to have the last word.
If you lack the skill to construct even a crude approximation to a rational argument, this would be a rational choice.

It you want "left wing truth", read the Morning Star (once the Daily
Worker).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Star_(British_newspaper)
 Good grief, no, thank you very much.
But it is what what John Larkin imagines the Guardian to be.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney