Re: German state gov. dicthing Windows for Linux, 30k workers migrating.

Sujet : Re: German state gov. dicthing Windows for Linux, 30k workers migrating.
De : alien (at) *nospam* comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 07:40:20
On a sunny day (Sat, 06 Apr 2024 17:28:48 -0400) it happened Joe Gwinn
<joegwinn@comcast.net> wrote in <3hf31j9d0uq5b9imcq94b495c3hclbjv79@4ax.com>:

On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 21:24:14 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 11:14:56 -0400, Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net>
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 04:25:32 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

German state gov. ditching Windows for Linux, 30K workers migrating
Schleswig-Holstein looks to succeed where Munich failed.
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/04/german-state-gov-ditching-windows-for-linux-30k-workers-migrating/

I'd suggest reading the entire article.

Less US spying too.

Nah.  Linux is no harder for big intelligence agencies than Windows or
MacOS.  And Linux is already dominant in the infrastructure, so those
agencies are already there.

Joe Gwinn

... Unless you roll your own distro and know how to use it
securely....

And are too small potatoes for the big agencies to bother, leaving the
field to various hackers.

Joe Gwinn

Well I have been running Linux since 1998 as my systems.
No hacks observed, and that running included an online web server.
There was some hacking group, I challenged them to hack my server,
watched them trying, they gave up.
These day Linux is getting way too complex, the idiot in rathead made tings worse
Many processes I see running I have no clue what they do without looking it up on google.
So maybe time for something different.
But then again, no problem with security in all these years.
Of course I know CIA and who not is reading everything I wrote, the brain damage if causes them is my defense weapon LOL.
But really microsoft windows was dead after win 3.1 when they integrated the GUI with the basic OS to keep DRDOS out
so now they move to Linux too.
rathead and microsore doing a takeover is a possibility.
Maybe some Linux versions that are clean will keep existing
But bloat has taken over, giggle bytes and tera hertz needed to read a website via fiber
content: daily news, israel commits genocide, nobody does anything about it.
Same on teefee.
What is it all worth?
Cannot even buy a return to Mars, in the sixties they did a return to moon.
Its all over now. Dinos!!!
In the old days you could get a collage degree if you were good at playing with a ball,
now you get it for free if your sun lotion did not work.
(ducks) well