Scope Probes off Ebay

Sujet : Scope Probes off Ebay
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 15:51:29
 I never learn. I bought a used "Agilent 500Mhz probe" off Ebay for 50
quid as the highest bandwidth probe I thought I had was a 150Mhz Tek
one. Anyway, I have a large selection of old probes lying around so
decided to check to make sure the "Agilent" one was genuine. Not
surprisingly it turns out it isn't. I haven't calculated what it's
real bandwidth is. I've established it's not as sensitive as the
150Mhz one and that's all I need to know. Whilst I was going through
this palarva, I tested a old probe I came across that I've never used
before and was amazed at the improvement in signal I got with it. I've
just Googled its part number and it turns out it's a 3.5Ghz passive
probe! I never even knew I had one so fast. I would never have ordered
the "500Mhz" one if I'd known I had this forgotten-about one already.
So the fake's going back for a refund and I won't be ordering  any
more probes from anywhere in the forseeable future.