Re: Proof of principle demonstration of 3-D magnetic recording

Sujet : Re: Proof of principle demonstration of 3-D magnetic recording
De : alien (at) *nospam* comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 14:42:26
On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:26:29 +0100) it happened
liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Liz Tuddenham) wrote in
<1qrspuu.b1rua811xd8h1N%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>:

On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:13:02 +0100) it happened
<1qrsk5x.ebl64zlshrw6N%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>:

Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid> wrote:

Proof-of-principle demonstration of 3-D magnetic recording

Oh no!  You have just reminded me of "The Stone Tape" by Nigel Kneale.
I used to have nightmares about that.

LOL, just did read the wikipedia article on it:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Tape

Have not seen it, there are so many? things 'ghost' related,
 'Ghostbusters' I have seen is one of those.

"The Stone Tape" is completely different, it's just ordinary technology
researchers trying to go about their business and stumbling over
something that is left mostly to the viewer's imagination.  The terror
doesn't come from what is shown, it comes from what is *not* shown, but
slowly forms as an idea in the viewer's mind as the layers are peeled
back.

I have never seen a ghost myself though.
I knew somebody who claimed to have seen some at a burial site...

It depends what you mean by 'ghost' - I have never seen a gliding figure
in a white sheet moaning "Whooo!" but I have seen some very strange
things that are not accounted for by conventional knowledge.  I have
also experienced an overwhelming feeling of dread in one particular
location -- many years later I mentioned it to a friend and found she
had had exactly the same experience at the same place.

A week after our mother died, my sister and I both had a very strange
experience.  She sounded me out cautiously, in case I ridiculed her, but
I knew exactly what she was going to tell me and confirmed that it had
just happened to me too.

Sure, many experiences are possible for living creatures
Our attachment to each other may cause re-programming of the neural net when one dies.

Quote from my blog https://panteltje.nl/panteltje/blog/index.html :
 The 2 states of man:
When we have a loop, a bunch of cells forming a line biting their own tail, a 'ring oscillator' forms, basis of the basic pulse of life, wave generator, but when cells divide and the loop
somehow becomes a figure 8, _then_ there are 2 oscillating modes possible.
In the one mode 2 separate independent ring oscillators form, and will not synchronize, causing 'out of sync' patterns in behavior.
In the other mode the signal is passed along the figure 8.... One big stable strong signal.
We have, it seems, both neural path in our brain halves (consider the top of the 8 the left, and the bottom the right brain halve for moment).
It seems we can be in 2 states, 'out of sync' and 'in sync'.
The state we are in can change, if we look at the brain as playing a A versus B interaction all the time, then interaction with the one we play against (simulate in fact),
can change the flow from 2 independent circuits '0' to one figure '8', and backwards.
When separated then we stay in the last mode.
The one who can change the mode of oscillation is the one we are closest to.
This is all pure hypothesis of course, the 2 states exist, but this explanation is the best I could come up with to explain it in the simplest possible way.
We should always strive to be in the figure 8 state, to be in harmony, in sync, with ourselves..
-----

What you 'see' or better 'experience' is basically your brain wave patterns and your decoding of those.
Just a neural net
And very likely connected to everything else in the known universe via EM radiation and what else we do not yet know.
 'Nothing you can know that is not known'
Beatles lyrics