Re: Eclipse

Sujet : Re: Eclipse
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 19:51:46
On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:20:38 -0500, Grant Taylor
<gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net> wrote:

On 4/10/24 08:46, Martin Brown wrote:
The difference between 99% and totality is literally like between night
and day

NASA said that my zip code was 99.1% and it was noticeably darker, much
like heavy cloud cover from storms despite the clear sky. But it was
still quite easy to drive or even read by < 1% of sunlight.

I've since read that it needs to be 99.9 ~> 100% to have significant
impact on the amount of light.

I too have seen and enjoyed the light / shadow effects on the ground
that others talked about.  I experienced thousands of tiny pinhole
camera like from trees / bushes / even building awnings during the 2017
(?) eclipse.

I've only seen one total eclipse in my life and it was *awsome*
indeed. I was lucky to get into the 100% area just in time to see it
and I'll never forget it.
I'll be off to Spain in 2026 as it'll give me the chance to go around
bare-chested with my belly hanging out, get rat-arsed, eat burgers and
throw up in the street like a traditional British tourist in Spain
would do (according to the Spanish). Can't wait. ;-)