PCB laser cutting

Sujet : PCB laser cutting
De : blockedofcourse (at) *nospam* foo.invalid (Don Y)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 17. Apr 2024, 06:16:27
I've been offered a small, 40W laser cutter and wonder if I
want to make space to store it -- as I suspect I don't have
many uses for it!
One that came to mind would be cutting odd-shaped PCBs.
But, I didn't think CO2 lasers were good with FR4, etc.
(Or, could I opt for a different board material to
exploit the laser's abilities?)