Re: Laser Mouse

Sujet : Re: Laser Mouse
De : jjSNIPlarkin (at) *nospam* highNONOlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 19. Apr 2024, 16:58:12
On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:43:16 -0400, Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net>
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 12:06:19 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

If you have an Ikea desk and your LED optical mouse doesn't work right
(something about the optics of the varnish) this should fix it:

<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CRZ85DZ>

It was really annoying to be tweaking a PCB layout and having the
cursor wander around, or get stuck.

Probably the varnished wood has too little fine texture for
correlation tracking to work.

What I have been using with success is a "3M Precise Mouse Pad
Enhances the Precision of Optical Mice at Fast Speed, 9 in x 8 in
(MP114-BSD1)" for $8 from Amazon:

.<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2AN9PK>

Joe Gwinn

There must be a Mouse Pad Museum somewhere.

A pad would be clumsy on my desk. I tried sanding the varnish a bit
but that didn't help.