Re: GPIB bus topology

Sujet : Re: GPIB bus topology
De : erichpwagner (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (piglet)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 02. May 2024, 00:05:12
bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
I have several pieces of HP gear (DMM, counter, Agilent-branded
triple-output supply) I'd like to connect to a National Instruments USB
to GPIB adapter for some measurements.

IEEE 488 is somewhat before my time and I see that the connectors are
stackable, is there a preferred bus topology for a few pieces of gear?
Star, linear/daisy chain with the stack on the interface, linear/daisy
chain with the stack on the first piece of gear? Does it matter much in
this use case?

Daisy chain, no more than two connectors per unit as the accumulated weight
gets problematic.

--
piglet