Re: Hand-wound coil in Colpitts oscillator

Sujet : Re: Hand-wound coil in Colpitts oscillator
De : rodiongork (at) *nospam* github.com (RodionGork)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 05. May 2024, 17:51:28
There's going to be capacitance between the turns, but it will be picofarads rather than nanofarads. You can measure it by measuring resonant frequency of the coil in isolation - exciting it from a variable frequency generator through a judiciously chosen resistor
Thanks for the technique explanation. I guess it is going to be bit too
high resonant frequency to be measurable with anything I have at hand, but
perhaps I can improvise something.

The inductance might increase a thousand times if you found an ungapped pot core pair that could clamp around the core.
Oh, I completely forgotten core should be "closed" (I guess a ring would do
also).
Pieces I used are mainly sticks of old magnetic antennas etc, that's no
good.

Yours is a dumb newbie post - sci.electronics.design is normally populated by people who know a bit more about what they are doing.
That's true, I sincerely apologize and promise to make better attempt next
time, thanks for your patience!
--
to email me substitute github with gmail please