Re: Another design

Sujet : Re: Another design
De : invalid (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (Edward Rawde)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 12. May 2024, 00:18:48
"John Larkin" <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com> wrote in message
news:pf6v3jdf0vd7apnda5ajjp8oq1vpjjglr4@4ax.com...
On Sat, 11 May 2024 16:04:15 +0100, piglet <erichpwagner@hotmail.com>
wrote:

On 11/05/2024 3:29 pm, John Larkin wrote:
On Fri, 10 May 2024 18:17:47 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

"piglet" <erichpwagner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Edward Rawde <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
"John Larkin" <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com> wrote in
message
On Thu, 9 May 2024 23:11:03 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

"Edward Rawde" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
Now with 9V to 15V input range, direct gate drive and 500mA LED
current.

Yes, my take is not too far distant but I tried to accomodate the OP's
unexplained desire for ground referenced LED output.

Only one feed wire is needed in a three LED chain if grounded to metalwork.
It's true that most things aren't done like that any more so I don't mind
two wires if it can't be done any other way.
Also two wires might radiate more than one wire, or might not depending on
how they are filtered.

That's nice. It's only an LED, so it probably doesn't need +12v
compensation.

LEDs lose light as temperature rises, so it probably doesn't need Vbe
temp compensation either. I'm glad that you saw the hysteresis trick,
and that you drew a decent looking schematic with a title, date, and
author.

I already knew that most schematics were hideous messes when I read this.
https://worldradiohistory.com/UK/Wireless-World/70s/Wireless-World-1974-11.pdf
Page 451 (pdf page 85)
Perhaps I should have posted the circuit at the top of page 453 and asked
for comments.

We have one project here that has had three or four project engineers
so far, and the project folder contains 175 (yes, 175!) .asc files,
most of which are hideous uncommented messes.

The project folder doesn't have subfolders?

Edit, simulate, edit ,simulate... encourages that.
Just like compile, test, compile test...
Today's world often doesn't allow time for the final design to have its
layout cleaned up whether it's hardware or software.
Time is money.

My sim will be # 176.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i1rmnne2j2f2nhetfg1dn/P941C_May11.jpg?rlkey=9by4bmkzo6iim763468y21ko2&raw=1

It's a dual isolated programmable DC power supply, but it has remote
sense and a paralleling relay, which complicate life. We don't know
what bizarre loads the user will have, or if they will connect the
remote sense right.

I'd put that in the spec. Must cope with any kind of bizzare load and remote
sense connected to AC power line.
Ok bizzare load might need further explanation.

Sims run super slow and there are many cases to test, so we set up
three monster PCs in the conference room as a simulator farm, to
supplement the two we will use in engineers offices.

Sounds fine to me but why put them in the conference room when remote
desktop allows access from any computer in the building (or even outside the
building if you know what you're doing with a firewall). I'm currently not
at the location of the computer which will post this.