Re: IXTH76N25

Sujet : Re: IXTH76N25
De : blockedofcourse (at) *nospam* foo.invalid (Don Y)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 01. Jun 2024, 20:23:10
On 6/1/2024 9:54 AM, Edward Rawde wrote:
"Don Y" <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote in message news:v3fh0o$2rnsc$1@dont-email.me...
On 6/1/2024 8:20 AM, Edward Rawde wrote:
Go to download folder and open file with notepad++, note %PDF-1.5 which is not the most recent but shouldn't be an issue.

It's easy to CLAIM compliance with any version of a standard.
But, that likely doesn't mean it truly IS compliant.
 It opens fine in Foxit and all pages are viewable with no corruption that I can see.
That's sufficient test for me.

I've got a 1.2 PDF, here, that opens fine in all of the above tools.
As do 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6.

Along with a 1.5 that I created (using Adobe tools).
 I haven't touched Adobe tools for many years.
If I want to create a pdf myself then in the past I've used
https://tcpdf.org/
I use Distiller.  It makes it really easy to ensure a compliant
document that others SHOULD be able to open and use.

And would also check out this if I need to do so in the future.
https://docs.reportlab.com/reportlab/userguide/ch1_intro/

Unless you check to see which tools were used to create the
document, you're unlikely to be able to guesstimate what
shortcomings it may contain.
 I don't recall a recent case of a pdf not opening in a perfectly viewable way unless the file is corrupted.
Ever open any PDFs that contain script?  Multimedia files  (audio and video)?
Page transitions?  Embedded payloads?  3D models?  Measuring arbitrary
dimensions *in* those models?  (scripted) Forms?  URLs?
Sadly, too few folks really leverage the abilities of the PDF container!
We routinely convert paper forms (e.g., from doctors, tax agencies)
into "fillable PDFs" so we can keep nice digital copies (instead of
filling them out in pen/ink and then scanning the results to save).
It would be silly for me to have to paste the entire source code for
a project/module into a PDF /as text/ and force the viewer to wade
through it to understand some commentary that I am making about a
portion of the code.  Or, to hear some audio samples of how certain
settings are rendered.
Instead, I can leave the document to have the prose explaining those
issues and attach or embed the rest so it is available to the reader.
I can click on any "component" in this model and see a description
of the associated "parts" on the right side of the screen.  Or, rotate
the model in X/Y/Z, zoom, convert to wireframe/outline, etc.
<https://tetra4d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/PartList-Helico.pdf>
How would I convey to a READER the difference in synthetic voice qualities
corresponding to "creakiness", "breathiness", how the choice of glottal
waveform emulation affects comprehension, etc.?  It's SO much easier to
have audio IN the document, alongside the explanatory text!
[And, I've had that ability for YEARS...]