Re: ATV deaths

Sujet : Re: ATV deaths
De : bill.sloman (at) *nospam* ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 08:36:08
On 2/06/2024 12:37 am, john larkin wrote:
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2024/05/31/ATV-deaths-climb/5041717180947/
 I wonder if this is a result of super-powerful cheap battery-powered
things.
It has probably got more to do with with more of them being bought and used. Cars on regular roads are dangerous enough - all terrain vehicles are designed for use on poorer quality roads, and more frequent accidents are part of the package.

https://www.amazon.com/JOYRACER-Powerful-Electric-Bluetooth-Suspension/dp/B0CNGKYP8X
 A couple of my employees have been hurt driving over-powered ebikes
and scooters in the city.  As the article says, the casualties are
mostly males, people who enjoy speed and acceleration.
 It wouldn't shock me if it turned out that some deaths result from
mosfet failures in the (cheap) motor drivers.
But you've adduced absolutely zero evidence to suggest that this is actually a problem. Current statistics report that gasoline powered vehicle catch on fire a at considerably higher rate than electric vehicles - newspapers report the electrical vehicle fires with more enthusiasm, precisely because they are less frequent.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney