Re: Interesting reading about spread-spectrum, also for on-board designs

Sujet : Re: Interesting reading about spread-spectrum, also for on-board designs
De : alien (at) *nospam* comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 15. Jun 2024, 07:57:23
On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:55:14 -0700) it happened john larkin
<jl@650pot.com> wrote in <45mo6jhcq8kisjmbrom8i1r17ljr6g4qu8@4ax.com>:

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:43:53 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

Interesting reading about spread-spectrum, also for on-board designs:

https://www.electronicdesign.com/technologies/power/article/55041243/monolithic-power-systems-choosing-the-proper-parameters-in-frequency-spread-spectrum-fss-design

That's cool, except for the usual dreadful fake pcb image.

Fake?
Sure some fun zig-zag loops in some tracks... ?
Why would anybody bother making artwork like that when you can just take a picture?

We have a bunch of switchers that use our own FPGAs as the
controllers, and I need to start up a project to make them
spread-spectrum.

I find it interesting, not much experience with spread spectrum,
but a lot with wideband FM modulation like for the old Ampex video recorders... VHS, Umatic, Betamax too.
So with a bit of luck you can send your commercials on a few hundred kHz :-)

We don't want the ss modulation to show up in the DC outputs as ripple
or anything audible.

RF wideband filtering, inductors.. capacitors...