Re: China reveals fusion tech breakthrough

Sujet : Re: China reveals fusion tech breakthrough
De : jl (at) *nospam* 650pot.com (john larkin)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 23. Jun 2024, 19:28:33
On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:04:27 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<cd999666@notformail.com> wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 09:34:06 -0700, john larkin wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:04:08 +0200, Jeroen Belleman
<jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:

On 6/23/24 07:20, Jan Panteltje wrote:
China reveals fusion tech breakthrough:
  https://www.rt.com/news/599707-china-fusion-tech-tokamak-plasma/
   A commercial ?artificial sun? has achieved its first plasma
   discharge,
   the developer says
If you have trouble accessing the link because of censorship by your
polly-tick-sisons revolt!

<partial quote from article>
  According to the developers, as cited by Chinese media,
  the HH70 tokamak is smaller and cheaper to assemble than its
  predecessors.
  The device uses a magnetic system made from high-temperature
  superconducting material,
  commonly known as REBCO (Rare Earth Barium Copper Oxide).

  It can reportedly be manufactured on a large scale,
  reducing the cost of Energy Singularity?s tokamaks.
  Moreover, the HH70 device, according to the company,
  is only 2% the size of conventional tokamaks  ? providing a major
  advantage in the race to produce a commercially viable device.
<end quote>

Well that's it for ITER then!

A plasma discharge is a breakthrough? I can do that in my microwave
oven.

Jeroen Belleman

Stick an NE-2 neon bulb in the microwave!

Grapes are cheaper and work just as well for this kind of demo.

The neon indicates faster. I wanted to see how fast the magnetron
turns on.