Re: Schematic Symbols

Sujet : Re: Schematic Symbols
De : jl (at) *nospam* 650pot.com (john larkin)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 23. Jun 2024, 20:06:24
On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 18:02:54 -0000 (UTC), Phil Hobbs

john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 16:53:44 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<cd999666@notformail.com> wrote:

Okay, let's see if anyone can disabuse me of my ignorance on this
matter...
In the HP service manuals for their equipment they use a few different
symbols in their block diagrams I'm not familiar with. I can't post images
right now but hopefully a description will suffice.

The first one is a circle with a Greek capital sigma inside it. What's
that all about? Is it an integrator? A summing amplifier? What's the deal
here?

Summer, adder. Might just be two resistors in real life. Check the
real schematic.

Next up: a circle with a greek theta over 'f' implying some sort of
division. Is that a phase to frequency comparitor?
A circle with a single cycle of sine wave inside it: oscillator?

Probably. Some sort of sine source.

Plane triangles with nothing inside them. Do they represent generic
amplifiers or buffers?

Could be either. A buffer is an amplifier too.

A circle with just a plane theta inside it. Any ideas?

Phase shifter?

A circle divided into 4 equal slices like it's got a giant 'X' inside it.

Multiplier. Two inputs and one output?

Also a mixer, which of course is an approximate multiplier.

As per the previous one, but inside a square box.

Probably an IC multiplier.

A circle with a capital 'S' inside it.

Stop sign.

Quadrature (cosine) source. ;)