Re: another hint of quantum consciousness

Sujet : Re: another hint of quantum consciousness
De : jeroen (at) *nospam* nospam.please (Jeroen Belleman)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 14. Sep 2024, 21:18:44
On 9/14/24 20:08, john larkin wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2024 19:36:35 +0200, Jeroen Belleman
<jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:

On 9/14/24 17:13, john larkin wrote:

https://scitechdaily.com/groundbreaking-study-affirms-quantum-basis-for-consciousness-a-paradigm-shift-in-understanding-human-nature/

Interesting way to define consciousness, the thing that goes away when
an a general anesthetic is applied. That can be quantified.

I paraphrase: "Since we don't know how it works, it must be quantum".
 Or, more conventionally, "It can't be quantum because QM only works at
liquid helium temperatures."

That's it then: Quantum-something is merely religion. The god of the
gaps.

There's a lot of quantum nonsense about. This is just one example.

 Well, explain how we can name one image out of maybe a million stored
images, in a fraction of a second.

Yes, that's the typical comeback of religious believers.
I don't know how it works. Let's find out. AI seems to be
getting there, and it requires no quantum theory. Just loads
of data and a lot of matrix math.
Jeroen Belleman