Re: unknown connector

Sujet : Re: unknown connector
De : legg (at) *nospam* nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Groupes : sci.electronics.repair
Date : 28. Apr 2024, 04:23:12
On 27 Apr 2024 18:11:06 GMT, Allodoxaphobia <trepidation@example.net>
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 11:09:20 -0400, legg wrote:

Can't get a name for this connector.

It looks like a miniature version of an ancient signal
socket, last seen on signal generators from the 50s.

http://ve3ute.ca/query/coax_noid_01.JPG
http://ve3ute.ca/query/coax_noid_02.JPG

I'd thought it was something used on early accelerometer
transducer cells, but proved myself wrong about that.

In this case it seems to carry simple DC reg supply from
USB

For those who aren't familiar with the larger ancient
implementation ( pre-PL259 ):

http://ve3ute.ca/query/coax_oldie_01.JPG

Well, that is an olde timey microphone/audio connector.
I dont have any model number for you right at hand.

BUT, is that a USB-A connector I see at the other end in coax_noid_01.JPG?

73
Jonesy

The old timey microphone connector is on the output of an FM signal
generator (100MHz).

The new miniature instance's use seems to be a simple USB to
DC regulator.

RL