Re: Can't get radio back in its case

Sujet : Re: Can't get radio back in its case
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.repair
Date : 29. Apr 2024, 00:15:19
On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:12:58 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:07:38 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

Gentlemen,

I had a really strong urge to smash a vintage radio into smithereens
earlier today. I just couldn't get the damn thing to go back into its
case. The chassis assembly is fouling on something and it's preventing
it from re-seating. Plus it nipped my fingers when I tried to force it
in. I just wanted to destroy it so badly. I could have totally smashed
it to bits with a club hammer to be honest.
It just gives me a renewed admiration for repair technicians. I don't
know where they get their patience and forbearance from. I have very
little, personally. Maybe that's why I'm not a repair tech.

CD

You give up to easily.  Pull out the chassis from the case.  Shove a
piece of paper in between the chassis and case where you suspect it
might be binding.  Push the chassis into the case until it stops. Pull
it out again.  You should see some damage to the paper where the
chassis and case are binding.

When that happens to me, most of the time it's either loose wires or
wrong length screw.

Jeff, have you ever smashed anything to bits when you couldn't repair
it or just became impatient?