Re: Add-on automatic volume control

Sujet : Re: Add-on automatic volume control
De : rmowery42 (at) *nospam* charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Groupes : alt.home.repair sci.electronics.repair
Date : 10. Jun 2024, 18:56:00
In article <fg9e6jlapiskj9c280ue9gek4lpijckdqh@4ax.com>, NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

Does anyone sell an add-on AVC or AGC, automatic volume control that can
be used with an existing one-piece radio?

I bought an internet radio and in some of the stations, the commercials
are so loud they wake me up if I've fallen asleep, or near sleep, and if
I turn down the volume, I can't hear the program.  I listen to talk
radio and in another channel, the host is loud enough but everyone else
is much quieter, and sometimes the host gets closer to the microphone
and it's too loud again.

I'd like to cut the wire to the speakers, which are built into the
radio's cabinet, and insert a device or circuit that will act as an AVC.
Any suggestions?

I presume that if I bought a different internet radio I'd have the same
problem, or is it possible the AVC in this one is broken?

P.S. googling found this, Add-on: AGC and Speech Enhancement
https://www.totalrecorder.com/AddOnAGC.htm , which sounds perfect, but
it's software, and I need hardware.

All the change in volume is done at the station in audio.  All radios
will do the same thing.  TV sets used to be really loud during
comercials but the FCC made them put a limit on how much louder they
could be than the programs.

Whatever radio you get you will have to find a device to go between the
radio and the speaker.