Re (3): Schrader connectors for medical air and nitrogen.

Sujet : Re (3): Schrader connectors for medical air and nitrogen.
De : peter (at) *nospam* easthope.ca
Groupes : sci.electronics.repair
Suivi-à : sci.electronics.repair
Date : 11. Jun 2024, 17:34:10
Roger & all,

In article <0631684948.b3e50d1b@uninhabited.net>, Roger Hayter
<roger@hayter.org> wrote:
One reason for labelling them and keeping them separate is that the
oxygen one has to be kept free of inflammable lubricants etc.

Thanks Roger.  Helpful point.

I have a Hall neuro drill with the factory supplied hose visible here.
http://easthope.ca/HallDrillHose.jpg

It's a hose within a hose; inner has pressure to drive the drill;
outer is exhaust.  The upper connector in the photo connects to the
drill.  The lower is the male Schrader which connects to the nitrogen
supply.  The louvers next to the Schrader disperse the exhaust.

The manual instructs to drive with nitrogen.  A nitrogen bottle fitted
with a regulator and female Schrader connector.

An employee at Bay Corporation commented that an air connector is
sometimes used in this application. Implying that a Schrader male
nitrogen can connect to a female air.  Would be interesting to know
whether the air and nitrogen connectors differ in geometry or only in
color and marking.  I couldn't elicit any additional details from Bay.

I can buy one of these female air connectors.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/261334401753
It can thread onto a nitrogen regulator.

Bay offers a female nitrogen connector which I haven't found on eBay.
https://www.baycorporation.com/products/schrader-style-quick-connects/nitrogen/scf-12-4

If someone knows of a vendor offering the nitrogen connector at a
reasonable price, please let me know.  Otherwise
I'll have to be satisfied with the air connector listed on ebay.

Thanks,                      ... P.