Sentence-ending particles in English

Sujet : Sentence-ending particles in English
De : ram (at) *nospam* zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 14. Apr 2024, 18:27:16
  When we're chattin' it up in Japanese, we tend to tack on all
  these little particles to our sentences, am I right?

  Seems like the Brits have got a similar thing goin' on in English.
  I hear the kiddos over there sometimes talk like this:

|Oh my gooood - uh

|Whyyyy - yuh

|Why did you do thaaat - uh

|What the heeeell - uh

|Stop iiiit - uh

|Pleeeease - uh

|Omg shut uuuup - uh

|Give it baaack - uh

|But I need it though - wuh

(list comes straight outta the
World Wide Web, the good ol' WWW.)

  Word on the street is that some of the young ladies - not
  children, mind you, but young women - have been known to
  tack on these little particle doodads to their sentences in
  English. Seems like it's a relatively fresh phenomenon, might
  even be takin' root stateside, at least in certain pockets.