National Proofreading Day (8 March)

Sujet : National Proofreading Day (8 March)
De : benlizro (at) *nospam* ihug.co.nz (Ross Clark)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 12:54:11
Somewhere there are probably figures on this, but my impression is that during the present century people have been inventing new "National ___ Day"s at an alarming rate.
The present one was initiated in 2012 by "corporate trainer Judy Beaver. She chose it because it was her mother's birthday, and she wanted to honour a lady who was evidently a stickler for correctness in written expression." (I'm not making any of this up, and I don't think Crystal is.)
The only other moment of fun is a mention of the "Wicked Bible" (1631), one of a number of early KJV editions named for amusing printing errors. This one apparently included among the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt commit adultery".