World Storytelling Day (20 March)

Sujet : World Storytelling Day (20 March)
De : benlizro (at) *nospam* ihug.co.nz (Ross Clark)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 20. Mar 2024, 00:44:37
Haven't we done this already? Oh, no, that was Tell a Fairy Tale Day (26 February). This one seems to have a bit more substance:
"The modern movement seems to have started in Sweden in 1991, when this day was chosen as 'All Storytellers Day'. Storytelling groups in some other countries used the same date, and in the early 2000s the movement became global..."
Since 2004 each year has had a Theme, which Crystal lists:
(I like lists)
Birds, Bridges, the Moon, the Wanderer, Dreams, Neighbours, Light and Shadow, Water, Trees, Fortune and Fate, Monsters and Dragons, Wishes, Strong Women, Transformation, Wise Fools, Myths and Legends, Voyages, New Beginnings, Lost and Found, Together We Can (2023)