Re: does [ler] mean "sea" in Irish ?

Sujet : Re: does [ler] mean "sea" in Irish ?
De : peter (at) *nospam* pmoylan.org (Peter Moylan)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 05. Sep 2024, 10:20:00
On 05/09/24 15:20, Aidan Kehoe wrote:
Ar an ceathrú lá de mí Méan Fómhair, scríobh HenHanna:

does  [ler]  mean  "sea" in Irish ?

You want https://www.teanglann.ie/en/fgb/lear , genitive lir.
Thank you for the pointer. I like to bookmark on-line dictionaries, and
I can read this one without using a torch or a magnifying glass, unlike
my paper Irish-English dictionary.
It turned out that I already had Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla bookmarked, but
I needed a reminder that it was there.

I do not understand why you posted this chatbot output. Use a
dictionary for your own education. Why attempt to learn from
something that is guaranteed to lie to you?
But the Hen is not entirely useless, if he/sh/it can trigger a pointer
to a useful web site.
--
Peter Moylan       peter@pmoylan.org    http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW