Re: World Poetry Day (21 March)

Sujet : Re: World Poetry Day (21 March)
De : kehoea (at) *nospam* parhasard.net (Aidan Kehoe)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 14:23:01

 Ar an chéad lá is fiche de mí Márta, scríobh Ross Clark:

 > "Today has an obvious connection to Poetry Break Day (13 January)..."
 > Did I cover that one? I've forgotten already.
 >
 > World Poetry Day
 > Is the twenty-first of March
 > UNESCO says so

«S’io credesse che mia risposta fosse / A persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
Questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse. / Ma perciocche giammai di questo fondo
Non torno vivo alcun, s’i’odo il vero, / Senza tema d’infamia ti rispondo»

The decrease in popular interest in poetry over time is a shame. Part of it is
probably the decrease in interest of poets in writing poetry that appears
beautiful to the populace, much like the popular hatred for late 20th century
architecture.

--
‘As I sat looking up at the Guinness ad, I could never figure out /
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after fourteen pints of stout’