Re: National Pencil Day (30 March)

Sujet : Re: National Pencil Day (30 March)
De : no_email (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (Antonio Marques)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 04. Apr 2024, 07:15:08
Athel Cornish-Bowden <me@yahoo.com> wrote:
On 2024-04-02 20:23:53 +0000, Ross Clark said:

Sorry, I got behind. Too late for you to celebrate.

(1) I like pencils. I rejoice when I find one, among the heaps of dead
and dying ballpoint pens,

I'm the reverse. We have masses of pencils that I never want to use,
but if I want a ballpoint that works I can't find one. From time to
time I buy a set of four at the supermarket and within a short time
they all go wherever ballpoints go. I have a fountain pen that I used
during the early days of Covid, but I haven't used it for a long time
-- getting too old, 81 today.

That's altogether too many years for a pen to still be usable.

I used to like both pens and pencils. And I like gel pens a lot.