Re: Spacetime

Sujet : Re: Spacetime
De : hitlong (at) *nospam* yahoo.com (gharnagel)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 30. Jun 2024, 15:03:08
Thomas Heger wrote:

Am Donnerstag000027, 27.06.2024 um 20:32 schrieb gharnagel:

Thomas Heger wrote:

My own approach is very different and based on spacetime of GR as
'real'.

Now I only needed VERY few assumption!

that are mainly: points have features and space is a subset of
something
with higher dimensions.

Ah, sounds like M-theory :-))

No, I dislike stringtheory and had no extension of that theory in mind.
But M-theory STILL fits that description.  Just because you don't like
it
doesn't mean it's false.

I wanted something different than one of the usual 'materialistic'
concepts, to which string-theory actually belongs.
That's where ALL of physics IS.

I wanted to create matter, space and time out of pure nothing.
That seems to describe a god complex.

There exist actually a book about this idea.
There are books about ANY idea.

Unfortunaterly it is very expensive and VERY difficult to read.

(My own 'book'  is for free and much easier to read.)
I read as much as I could stand.

Also: systems are what you call system and have imaginary borders,
which
are infinetely thin.

"Infinitely thin" means nonexistent.

Sure.

That's why I wrote, that spacetime of GR is a smooth continuum.
But the real world is not a smooth continuum.

What we regard as systems, that are actually subparts, which we define
as independent systems, while these borders between them depend on our
definitions.

But actually there are no independent entities, because the entities we
call 'particles' are not as independent as we think.

TH
Maybe, maybe not.  Have you seen Mindwalk?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindwalk