Re: Israeli Faces From Earlier Today :-)

Sujet : Re: Israeli Faces From Earlier Today :-)
De : physfitfreak (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Groupes : sci.physics
Date : 27. May 2024, 10:51:54
It's a three-day weekend and neighbors are partying, so I'll party a bit too before hitting the sack.
Macron has begun smelling the coffee :)
Today he said to other Europeans that he cannot remember any time in the history of Europe when they had more enemies than today. He said he really thinks Europe might not survive.
My take on that? Bitches shouldn't flatter themselves to opine.
Houthis are sure busy with their anti-ship missiles. I wish there was more news on the type of missiles they're using. My guess still is the old Iranian Khalijefars anti-ship design that now Houthis have got good easy targets for them. I don't know what Houthis call theirs that are based on that design.
That particular missile has been around for almost 20 years. In Iran it began getting mass produced 15 years back after theycdx  added nice electronic interception avoiding features to it.
The best features of it are:
- inexpensive! It's equivalent Israeli anti-ship missile (LORA) is about 50 times more expensive.
- minimalistic design (only one stage - chances of malfunction are minimal)
- requires absolutely no electronic monitoring and guidance after launch. It finds and hits its target all by its own
- uses solid fuel, so less chance of being visually discovered during daytime, and less chance to reveal its launch site, plus it always has a sky-blue color. Human eye cannot find it in daytime in the sky, and the sound of its flying will reach target only after it reaches the target
- is supersonic and almost as fast as ballistic missiles, and yet it is short-range (up to 200 miles)! So even if detected by instruments of any kind, it carries a good chance of hitting its target. Modern fighter jets don't have enough time to take off, reach it, and shoot it down. By the time you do anything from anywhere other than on the target itself, it has reached its target
- even without a warhead, such supersonic speeds combined with total weight of the entire single stage missile can deliver quite a destructive effect on its targets, yet it carries a warhead of about 700 kg! Ship gets hit, ship is out of commission for a long time if not sunk. It's no "drone."
- although accuracy isn't quite "pinpoint", it is good enough for destroying ships. Considering that it manages 100% on its own with no human intervention, it still always hits within at the most 10 yards of the "point" it's aiming at. So it  always makes direct hit on targets like ships.
But it is just my guess. I don't know what Houthis are using. Cannot be the very expensive ones unless Saudis are paying for them. For easy targets within 200 miles there's no reason to use anything more expensive to make Red Sea hell for Israeli and other ships. Trade ship is a slow, large, defenseless thing that's there only in peace time. In war situation they're easiest targets. One should be able to hit them with cheapest anti-ship missiles, like this Khalijefars one. So I bet at least most of what Houthis are using are copies of Khalijefars, certainly with other names, as "Khalijefars" means "Persian Gulf" in Persian :)
Khalijefars can be used against much more capable ships and even state of the art warships as well, after their defenses have been lowered or otherwise compromised. So in a real conventional sea war, these missiles begin to start their missions after much better missiles have already rendered enemy's navy ships weak and relatively defenseless. They'll be the ones that "finish them off" so to speak.
That's why they are named "Khalijefars" :)
Speaking of "conventional war", in a non-conventional scenarios Iran will use nuclear warheads small enough for destroying carriers, etc. They are mounted on extremely fast missiles as well as extremely fast underwater torpedoes. It has been around 20 years now that Iran has been making such torpedoes. They're called "Hoot". The name has some Quranic origin I think. Their existence in Iran's Navy is yet another clue on when Iran already had nukes to defend herself in a non-conventional war. This alone places that date, at the latest, right around 20 years back. Hoots are almost the exact copy of a Russian one.
These torpedoes have an interesting and shadowy history behind them. They were first invented and introduced by Russians. It ingeniously creates a tight "air" bubble around the torpedo to make it travel as fast as missiles in air, with no contact and friction with the water around them. 20 years back, there was absolutely no defense against them. They couldn't be stopped, and when carrying nuclear warhead result on even the largest and/or most advanced warships and carriers were definitive.
They create the surrounding "air" by turning water into gas creating a thin layer of it around them as they accelerate towards the target. And they are designed to even be launched by tiny little "warboats" that the Iranian militia are famous for and ridiculed by. Mounted on one, ready to be launched, you wouldn't ridicule that little warboat thing anymore, cause if launched before you could destroy it, your fate would already be sealed no matter who you are and on what type of ship or carrier or warship you happen to be. Very soon too!
Amazing design. Its effectiveness relies heavily on being underwater, thus relatively hidden as well as protected from the enemy, and yet every bit as effective and fast as missiles in reaching the enemy ships. Probably the safest way that exits at all to deliver your precious nukes to where the enemy is. I haven't checked to see if Nazis have created a way to defend their warships against them. But 20 years back, they were claimed to be 100% indefensible.
I just checked with Wikipedia information on them, which is never accurate enough in matters of defense. They're now called "supercavitating torpedoes" and according to Wikipedia only four countries in the world have them. Russia of course, which was the first, beginning in 1977, and named them "Shkval", then the "Hoot" that I described above, which is the Iranian version of it (almost identical copy of Shkval) that came out in 2006, then the German version ("Superkavitierender Unterwasserlaufkörper"), which came out one year sooner than Iran's Hoot, and an American made unnamed "prototype" that was once mentioned two years before Hoots began to be mass produced. And that's it. Nobody else has them, I guess. Hehe :) But that's Wikipedia crap. Reality should be different.
The proximity of dates that Iranian and German and American versions of it came out, or at least was mentioned first, points to high probability that Americans and Germans independently got their hands on the design by espionage from Iranian's working on them, and immediately began to develop their own, which if we believe Wikipedia, it must've taken a couple of years shorter for Americans than Iranians to finish the job, and it makes sense too. Germans built theirs a year sooner than Iranians.
I don't think whoever spied on Iran's work leaked the information to the other party involved. This matter is not something at the NATO level. It's too important, therefore too private. That's why if others have got it too, they're not saying a word about it.
Iran must've played a role, be it an inadvertent one, in this for sure, Because all these work in the three countries other than Russia began shortly after each other, and yet a whole 25 years had passed after Soviets had made the first one.
So this is what I think. Iran got one Shkval from Russians first, I don't know how; could've even been part of the deal in the selling of the original few nukes to Iran around 1991, because a type of nuke among what was sold to them to go on such torpedoes wouldn't make sense to buyer if the buyer didn't know anything about Shkvals or didn't have at least one of them included. So it is possible that Iran had purchased a Shkval already that early on, and it took Iranians of those years till 2006 to successfully copy and test and begin mass producing them.
Anyway, although very interesting, it doesn't matter one bit what its history has been. Reality is that if you have it, no country's Navy in the world can hurt you, no matter how much that Navy is milking their corresponding government for maintaining the ability to hurt you, while they really cannot deliver such promise anymore. But then, the maker of such torpedoes should have nukes also for them to be 100% effective against the enemy Navy, so these facts have directly or indirectly been pointing to such sensitive and important stuff that to this day, 20 years later, there's not really been a good source of information to look the thing up, and Wikipedia only has like 5 lines or so of old information on that, just giving what's been in the open for at least 20 years, and for what it's worth.
It can be air launched also, into the water, and on, very fast towards its target.