I was a NOVID — until I wasn’t [34 states likely growing]

Sujet : I was a NOVID — until I wasn’t [34 states likely growing]
De : janburse (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Groupes : sci.physics
Date : 05. Aug 2024, 19:41:02
Hi,
Hallelujah, I waited 5 years, to only feel completely wasted:
Amid this ever-more-infectious backdrop, the number of people
who have never had COVID-19 — the “Novids” — is dwindling.
“The proportion of ‘Novids’ is getting smaller and smaller,” Chin-
Hong said. “I’ve heard so many stories in the last few weeks of
people who didn’t get any [COVID illness] until this point, now
in our fifth year” since COVID emerged. But merely entering a
“stable or uncertain” status doesn’t necessarily mean COVID
will start trending downward. Scientists will need more weeks of
data to see whether the wave has peaked or is just in a temporary lull.
In only two states did the CDC estimate that COVID-19 was likely
declining: Hawaii and Nevada. Besides California, the states
labeled as being on a stable or uncertain COVID trajectory
were Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Maine and Pennsylvania.
COVID-19 was estimated to be growing or likely growing in
34 states, as well as the District of Columbia. No estimates
were available for seven states.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-08-05/californias-covid-surge-is-robust-and-long-lasting-surpassing-peak-from-summer-of-2022
Bye