Re: Gravitational mass and inertial mass

Sujet : Re: Gravitational mass and inertial mass
De : fortunati.luigi (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Luigi Fortunati)
Groupes : sci.physics.research
Date : 03. Apr 2024, 08:58:33
Luigi Fortunati il 22/02/2024 02:49:45 ha scritto:
In my animation https://www.geogebra.org/m/kqjzk5gt there are the two bodies A and B (of equal mass m) connected via an inextensible wire, ideally massless.
[[Mod. note -- This system is known as "Atwood's machine"; see
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atwood_machine
for more information.
-- jt]]

My animation is not Atwood_machine because only body A moves vertically, while body B slides horizontally on a frictionless plane.

And what is the ratio between the blue force FA=mg (gravitational + inertial) and the red force FB (inertial only)?

It turns out to me that FB=FA(mB/(mA+mB))

In our case where mA=mB=m, the force FB is FB=1/2 of FA.

It's correct?

Luigi Fortunati