Re: Theoretical Force carrying bosons

Sujet : Re: Theoretical Force carrying bosons
De : ojt (at) *nospam* rtr.hu (Pásztor Borbély Mészáros)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity sci.physics.research sci.physics
Suivi-à : sci.physics.relativity sci.physics.research sci.physics
Date : 02. May 2024, 09:27:39
Volney wrote:

My question is, assume there is a massless (or very tiny mass, not
massive like W/Z) boson with spin-0 which mediates a new force. Its
field 'tensor'
would be zero-dimensional or just a scalar. What would this mean on a
macroscopic scale? I guess each point in space would have a simple value

How about a spin-3 (or more!) boson? Spin-3 would imply a 3D tensor
defining its field's properties. Again what macroscopic properties would
a field mediated by a spin-3 boson have? I know this is vague since the
only property is the spin of the mediating boson but this must imply
certain properties come from this, but what?

this is incorrect. To undrestand that you have to undrestand tensors big
time. Not just overbebly.

[[Mod. note -- Marketing spam snipped.
DON'T INCLUDE SPAM IN YOUR POSTS!  -- jt]]