Re: realloc() - frequency, conditions, or experiences about relocation?

Sujet : Re: realloc() - frequency, conditions, or experiences about relocation?
De : rich.ulrich (at) *nospam* comcast.net (Rich Ulrich)
Groupes : comp.lang.c sci.stat.math
Date : 02. Jul 2024, 17:52:56
On Tue, 2 Jul 2024 03:02:07 -0400, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:

On 7/2/2024 12:51 AM, Rich Ulrich wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 18:02:49 +0300, Anton Shepelev
<anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote:

[cross-posted to: ci.stat.math]

Anton,

The post being responded to was originally to comp.lang.c
which I don't subscribe to.

I have a question that I suppose reflects on my news source,
GigaNews, or else on my reader, Forte Agent.

Was this thread something posted 15 or 20 years ago?

I tried to call up the original post by clicking on the Message
ID when looking at headers; nothing comes up when Agent goes
online to look.  The header shows multiple earlier messages;
none of them come up for me.

My clicking on Message ID works elsewhere. The logical and
simple explanation is that this is a thread old enough that
GigaNews does not have it.

I suppose that someone else might be able to tell me, if their
supplier goes back further or if GigaNews is somehow failing
to show me something that is recent.

MID:   <v4ojs8$gvji$1@dont-email.me>

http://al.howardknight.net/

That gives this URL, as a copy of the message kicking off the thread.

  http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3Cv4ojs8%24gvji%241%40dont-email.me%3E

Yes, that's the message I see when I plug the Message ID
into the program at  http://al.howardknight.net/

Thanks.  I'm saving that.

Some USENET News clients can work from the MID directly, but Thunderbird does not.
A bare MID does not work for everyone.

Forte Agent invites me to click on the MID; asks if it is a
mail or MID; asks if it should search the net.  It still works
when I test it on an old message in another group.

--
Rich Ulrich