Re: Drugs Should Be Marketed As Medicine, And Sold Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind

Sujet : Re: Drugs Should Be Marketed As Medicine, And Sold Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind
De : bliss-sf4ever (at) *nospam* dslextreme.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Groupes : talk.politics.drugs
Date : 29. May 2024, 21:42:57
On 5/29/24 11:48, Intelligent Party wrote:
Drugs should be marketed as medicine, and sold out of sight, out of mind; if they have potential for recreational use, and abuse.
 Potent drugs are a function of the drug war.  No one drinks 151 Rum, nor 99% Grain Alcohol though they are widely available.  No one would be doing Crack, Heroin, Fentanyl, OR Crystal Meth, if Cocaine, Codeine, and Speed were available.  You don't want to inhale or inject potent drugs, BUT the government leaves USERS no choice, as the government is criminally negligent and derelict in its duty to regulate drugs.
 Drugs should be marketed as MEDICINE, and sold out of sight, out of mind; if they have potential for recreational use, and abuse.
Actoally in my youth far away and long ago I did drink 151 Proof Rum.
The point was to get intoxicated ASAP.  I gave it up though when it
tended to give me a sore throat.  Same reason I quit smoking cannabis
or even vaping it.
Nothing but edibles now which I treat as medications.
I have if I haven't given it away 91% ethyl alcohol though I
got it for extractions and have not drunk any of it to the best
of my recollection.  Also since the 1984 or there abouts I have
stopped doing extractions.
Generally I agree with you on the medication aspect and it
should include raw opium and coca leaf tea.  Maybe opium poppy seedpod
tea.  Coca-Cola should return fresh coca leave to the drink mix.  Of
course I am prejudiced against caffiene since I am highly sensitive to
its effects.

bliss