Re: Chubb CEO defends underwriting Trump's bond in Carroll case: 'We don't take sides'

Sujet : Re: Chubb CEO defends underwriting Trump's bond in Carroll case: 'We don't take sides'
De : chine.bleu (at) *nospam* www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns talk.politics.misc
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 00:51:29
Trump Wars wrote:
“When Chubb provides an appeal bond it has nothing to do with the
underlying merits or with favoring any of the parties in the case,” Evan
Greenberg, Chubb’s chair and CEO, wrote in a letter to customers who
inquired about the decision.

It's expected Don Fatso has pledged real estate that can be sold under favourable markets by Chubb if the appeal fails, to cover the bond. And Chubb collected a large fee which is nonrefundable. So Chubb makes money and theoretically not risking its own money.
As far as I'm concerned Chubb only has to explain itself, to its owners, if it loses money. If the trial or award violates the law, well, equal justice for all. Another thing if the award stands, Carroll and her lawyer gets the entire amount immediately without chasing Fatso all over the globe.
Will Chubb put up a $600.000.000 bond next?
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied.  @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'                    /|\