Japan BRAGS About It's New Whale-Hunting Flagship

Sujet : Japan BRAGS About It's New Whale-Hunting Flagship
De : 62hx.1707 (at) *nospam* g4t1x.net (62hx.1708)
Groupes : talk.politics.misc alt.politics
Date : 24. May 2024, 03:04:43
https://japantoday.com/category/national/wifi-drones-and-sharp-blades-on-japan's-whaling-mothership
In whale-motif jacket, shirt and tie plus a whale-shaped hat,
Hideki Tokoro shows off Japan's new whaling "mothership",
the Kangei Maru -- slicing blades, butchery deck, freezers
and all.
"Whales eat up marine creatures that should feed other fish.
They also compete against humans," said Tokoro, the president
of whaling firm Kyodo Senpaku, touting an industry argument
long rejected by conservationists.
"So we need to cull some whales and keep the balance of the
ecosystem... It's our job, our mission, to protect the rich
ocean for the future," he added while speaking with reporters
invited to tour the Kangei Maru after it had docked in Tokyo.
. . .
   How did the world SURVIVE before people killed all
   those evil whales ???  :-)
   Sorry, but unless 'activists' actually scuttle those
   ships the enterprise will continue. In Japan esp
   it's Big (Popular) Biz. They LOVE their whale meat.