Re: Fat Mommas = Fat Kids ?

Sujet : Re: Fat Mommas = Fat Kids ?
De : danmin (at) *nospam* danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Danart)
Groupes : talk.politics.misc
Date : 07. Jun 2024, 17:10:50

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-06-maternal-obesity-mice-microrna-hypothalamus.html

 > Study finds maternal obesity in mice increases microRNA levels
 > in the hypothalamus in offspring, leading to overeating
 >
 > .. . .
 >
 >    Somehow I doubt it's all *that* simple ...
 >
 >    In times of plenty, many species increase not only
 >    their reproductive rates but also size (including
 >    fatness) to unconsciously "take advantage of the
 >    situation". This continues until famine arrives, then
 >    the big offspring are at a disadvantage. This sort
 >    of picture perhaps describes the emergence of
 >    megafauna, and their decline.

Lets talk about "The
masters tools" and "A mans place at the table".

When you have a family and nobody listens or cares. The whole thing
falls apart. Yes I agree you live with a person who
keeps cooking food meant for "Ben Hur". Yet everybody in the
family barely exercise or do any back-breaking labor.
You will get family who are out-of-shape. It become more apparent over
time, because of the kind of labor somebody performs. This is a normal
thing in many homes sadly. I have seen it upon many and many homes.
Yes unhealthy parents can lead to unhealthy children.

However in thus study of mice, the mice are being well-fed so it is
triggering the gene that tells the mice to load up on carbs.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=666825797#666825797