Re: from ou than ou les deux ?

Sujet : Re: from ou than ou les deux ?
De : naddy (at) *nospam* mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Groupes : fr.lettres.langue.anglaise
Date : 05. Mar 2022, 22:35:56
On 2022-03-04, joye <joye@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:

Voir ici :
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/different/

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage:

  We have about 80 commentators in our files who discourse on the
  propriety of _different than_ or _different to_. The amount of
  comment--thousands and thousands of words--might lead you to
  believe that there is a very complicated or subtle problem here,
  but there is not. These three phrases can be very simply explained:
  _different from_ is the most common and is standard in both British
  and American usage; _different than_ is standard in American and
  British usage, especially when a clause follows _than_, but is
  more frequent in American; _different to_ is standard in British
  usage but rare in American usage.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy@mips.inka.de