Re: True on the basis of meaning --- Good job Richard ! ---Socratic method

Sujet : Re: True on the basis of meaning --- Good job Richard ! ---Socratic method
De : richard (at) *nospam* damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Groupes : sci.logic comp.theory
Date : 18. May 2024, 21:57:31
On 5/18/24 3:46 PM, olcott wrote:
On 5/18/2024 12:38 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 5/18/24 1:26 PM, olcott wrote:
On 5/18/2024 11:56 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 5/18/24 12:48 PM, olcott wrote:
On 5/18/2024 9:32 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 5/18/24 10:15 AM, olcott wrote:
On 5/18/2024 7:43 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
No, your system contradicts itself.

You have never shown this.
The most you have shown is a lack of understanding of the
Truth Teller Paradox.

No, I have, but you don't understand the proof, it seems because you don't know what a "Truth Predicate" has been defined to be.

My True(L,x) predicate is defined to return true or false for every
finite string x on the basis of the existence of a sequence of truth
preserving operations that derive x from

And thus, When True(L, p) established a sequence of truth preserving operations eminationg from ~True(L, p) by returning false, it contradicts itself. The problem is that True, in making an answer of false, has asserted that such a sequence exists.

On 5/13/2024 9:31 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
 > On 5/13/24 10:03 PM, olcott wrote:
 >>>
 >>> Remember, p defined as ~True(L, p) ...
 >>
 >> Can a sequence of true preserving operations applied
 >> to expressions that are stipulated to be true derive p?
 > No, so True(L, p) is false
 >>
 >> Can a sequence of true preserving operations applied
 >> to expressions that are stipulated to be true derive ~p?
 >
 > No, so False(L, p) is false,

*To help you concentrate I repeated this*
The Liar Paradox and your formalized Liar Paradox both
contradict themselves that is why they must be screened
out as type mismatch error non-truth-bearers *BEFORE THAT OCCURS*

And the Truth Predicate isn't allowed to "filter" out expressions.

 YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT IT DOESN'T
WE HAVE BEEN OVER THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN
THE FORMAL SYSTEM USES THE TRUE AND FALSE PREDICATE
TO FILTER OUT TYPE MISMATCH ERROR
 The first thing that the formal system does with any
arbitrary finite string input is see if it is a Truth-bearer:
Truthbearer(L,x) ≡ (True(L,x) ∨ True(L,~x))
No, we can ask True(L, x) for any expression x and get an answer.
There is no "interrupt" that says we have to confirm something before we can do something.

 If it is not a Truth-bearer then the formal system
outputs "Type Mismatch Error x is not a Truth-bearer"
and no further evaluation is performed.

So, you don't understand what a Truth Predicate is.
Fine, you are just admitting you are an ignorant pathological liar.

After the formal system has screened out non-truth-bearers
then ~True(L,x) always means True(L,~x) AKA False(L,x).
Nope, ~True(L,x) means that x is not a true statement, it could be a false statement or a non-truth-bearer.
You are just admitting that you are an incompentent ignorant pathological liar on this topic.

So, you are just proving your ignorance of what you talk about.

You don't seem to understand that ALL actually means ALL

And, your repeating the claim, just shows that you are an ignorant pathoological liar.