Re: Hypothetical possibilities V2

Sujet : Re: Hypothetical possibilities V2
De : polcott333 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (olcott)
Groupes : comp.theory
Date : 23. Jul 2024, 16:32:36
On 7/23/2024 2:20 AM, Mikko wrote:
On 2024-07-22 16:08:31 +0000, olcott said:

void DDD()
{
   HHH(DDD);
   return;
}

int main()
{
   HHH(DDD);
}

Of the two hypothetical possible ways that HHH can be encoded:
(a) HHH(DDD) is encoded to abort its simulation.
(b) HHH(DDD) is encoded to never abort its simulation.

We can know that (b) is wrong because this fails to meet the design requirement that HHH must itself halt.

We also know that any simulation that must be aborted to prevent the infinite execution of the simulator is necessarily a non-halting input.
 What was wrong in the original "Hypothetical possibilities"?
How is V2 fixed?

I don't know. One of the readers got confused so I rewrote it.