Re: Relativistic aberration

Sujet : Re: Relativistic aberration
De : r.hachel (at) *nospam* wanadou.fr (Richard Hachel)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 15. Jul 2024, 13:58:07
Le 15/07/2024 à 04:52, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :
 Dr. Hachel isn't being honest here.  The two observers do NOT have the
same
"vision" of the universe.  The cube with NOT be 60 meters away for the
moving
observer because of length contraction:  D will only be 36 meters, and
as for
"vision," the observer will see the cube >36 meters away because of the
finite
speed of light.  I feel no need nor desire to work this out, let alone
do the
off-axis calculations because I have better things to do with my time. I
worked out relativistic aberration calculations a long time ago to my
satisfaction.
Dr. Hachel should study the simpler relativistic situations, which he
has shown
that he does not understand.
I beg you to understand something about the simple things I say here on this forum.
1. Two observers who cross paths, and according to Hachel's (or Poincaré's, properly understood) transformations, have exactly the same vision of the universe and at the same instant (as long as we understand the notion of universal simultaneity).
2. This means that whatever is seen by one is seen by the other, and that nothing that is not seen by one can be seen by the other.
However, it is very clear.
I'm not begging you to accept it, I'm begging you to understand it.
You talk to me about contraction of distances and you tell me that for the second observer, the distance will no longer be 60 meters. However, no physicist in the world has said this stupidity, and everyone agrees that it only affects transverse movements. It is obvious, on the diagram, that the distance will remain the same for the two observers (I mean between the two horizontal parallels formed by the movement of the second observer and the movement of the cube relative to him).
R.H.