Re: Incorrect mathematical integration

Sujet : Re: Incorrect mathematical integration
De : r.hachel (at) *nospam* wanadou.fr (Richard Hachel)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 21. Jul 2024, 22:34:25
Le 21/07/2024 à 21:26, "Paul.B.Andersen" a écrit :

You have said strange statements about synchronisation of clocks.
Clock synchronization.
I have already told you hundreds of times over the past 40 years that it is impossible to synchronize two clocks placed in different places.
If I place a very precise atomic clock, one on this bench, one on this table, the other on the mantelpiece, I could never synchronize them absolutely, because it is impossible and an abstract representation of the notion of simultaneity of present time.
In the best case of my synchronization, each watch will delay the other by t=x/c unavoidable, universal, physical delay.
We will say: “How does GPS work?”
GPS works on the idea of ​​an abstract point, located outside our universe, and placed orthogonally and ideally almost to infinity, such that an impulse coming from it will be returned to it at the same time by all the components of our universe.
It is on such an “ideal and abstract” point that GPS works, giving the illusion of a real universal present time.
R.H.