Re: blender to visualize math (Penrose tiling as a projection from higher to lower dimensions

Sujet : Re: blender to visualize math (Penrose tiling as a projection from higher to lower dimensions
De : dohduhdah (at) *nospam* yahoo.com (sobriquet)
Groupes : sci.math
Date : 15. Jun 2024, 13:17:15
Op 15/06/2024 om 08:06 schreef Chris M. Thomasson:
On 6/14/2024 6:02 PM, sobriquet wrote:

Hi!
This is a neat video that shows the power of blender (geometry nodes) to visualize math.
To illustrate how aperiodic Penrose tilings can be viewed as a projection from a 5 dimensional to a 2 dimensional space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOTM2UGx70
 Thanks for that. Also, creating weighted bones for animation... Very fun. Actually, I need to get back into my python code I created for blender. Fwiw it generated the following fractal:
 https://skfb.ly/oqPIU
Cool.. I have a sphere version:
https://www.desmos.com/3d/apuqykzkbo

 Python and Blender = Pretty Cool!
 :^)
 Iirc, my code created the fractal out of a bunch of objects, then I condensed all of them into a single mesh. A single object instead of multiple objects. Pretty cool. Blender is nice. Mixed with python as a quick scripting language for it is even better. I don't not necessarily like python, but I will gladly use it in Blender.