Re: How many different unit fractions are lessorequal than all unit fractions?

Sujet : Re: How many different unit fractions are lessorequal than all unit fractions?
De : wolfgang.mueckenheim (at) *nospam* tha.de (WM)
Groupes : sci.math
Date : 06. Sep 2024, 14:22:00
On 06.09.2024 00:36, Python wrote:
Le 05/09/2024 à 22:44, crank Wolfgang Mückenheim, aka WM a écrit :

You are mistaken. I do not conclude the latter from the former. I conclude the latter from the fact that NUF(0) = 0 and NUF(x>0) > 0 and never, at no x, NUF can increase by more than 1.
 What the Hell could mean "to increase at an x" ?
Example: The function f(x) = [x] increases at every x ∈ ℕ by 1.
The function NUF(x) increases at every x = unit fraction 1/n by 1.
It does not increase at 0 because 0 is not a unit fraction.
Regards, WM