Re: How many different unit fractions are lessorequal than all unit fractions?

Sujet : Re: How many different unit fractions are lessorequal than all unit fractions?
De : wolfgang.mueckenheim (at) *nospam* tha.de (WM)
Groupes : sci.math
Date : 13. Sep 2024, 20:05:59
On 13.09.2024 17:52, Richard Damon wrote:
On 9/13/24 11:41 AM, WM wrote:

Between [0, 1] and (0, 1] there is nothing, there is not a spot or point of the interval.

But that doesn't mean there is a lowest most point in (0, 1] as any point you might want to call it will have another point between  it and 0.
I will not call any point but consider all points. There is no point smaller than all points in the open interval but a smallest one. Only 0 is smaller than all.
 Note, I said between the point your THINK is the first, there is no such point, and thus you are agreeing to that fact.
 You can only have a first point in the open interval if the interval has only a finite number of points,
No, that is your big mistake. In the interval [0, 1] there is a point next to 0 and a point next to 1, and infinitely many are beteen them.
Regards, WM