Re: CoolThreads contest...

Sujet : Re: CoolThreads contest...
De : Bonita.Montero (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Bonita Montero)
Groupes : comp.arch comp.lang.c++ sci.math
Suivi-à : comp.arch comp.lang.c++
Date : 04. Sep 2024, 14:02:19
Am 03.09.2024 um 23:05 schrieb Chris M. Thomasson:
I found the old site where the Sun CoolThreads contest was held:
 https://web.archive.org/web/20070620081114/https:// coolthreads.dev.java.net/
Can you get to that page?
For my vZoom project, Sun gave me a T2000 server! Fun times back in the early 2000's.
For servers I think the Rock-CPU was an interesting design. No OoO
-execution and the instruction-level parallelism on each core comes
from additional threads.
But most server-CPUs today are spin-offs from desktop- or mobile-CPUs
where single-threading performance is necessary.