Re: Fastest way to inject a lot of mail?

Sujet : Re: Fastest way to inject a lot of mail?
De : INVALID_NO_CC_REMOVE_IF_YOU_DO_NOT_POST_ml+sendmail(-no-copies-please) (at) *nospam* esmtp.org (Claus Aßmann)
Groupes : comp.mail.sendmail
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 08:22:03
John Levine  wrote:
According to Grant Taylor  <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>:

What are you using for the DNS server?  Is it local to the system or are

I'll have to check but I believe there's a local cache on the LAN.  It's
sending it all to a smarthost so I wouldn't expect a lot of DNS traffic.
Seems like a wrong expectation - or did you turn off DNS lookups?
It's explained in the fine documentation mentioned earlier:
* DNS Lookups
If it's one mail with lots of addresses: all of this is done
sequentially in one process - so hopefully all the data is in a
local cache.
--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous