Re: Undecidability based on epistemological antinomies

Sujet : Re: Undecidability based on epistemological antinomies
De : richard (at) *nospam* damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Groupes : sci.logic comp.theory
Date : 18. Apr 2024, 00:48:38
On 4/17/24 4:59 PM, olcott wrote:
On 4/17/2024 3:07 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
On 04/17/2024 12:27 PM, olcott wrote:
...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)

*I will paraphrase his quote using the simplest terms*

Every expression X that cannot possibly be true or false proves that
there is something wrong with a formal system that cannot correctly
determine whether X is true or false.

I like to read it more as Mirimanoff and the extra-ordinary.

In the early 20'th century, Mirimanoff was very influential in
what became set theory.  He was very well-known in the small circle
that is the usual introduction, and should be more, today.

Regularity, a usual ruliality, as Well-Foundedness, has a
delicate interplay and contraposition with Well-Orderedness,
both regular and rulial, yet in the infinite, that the
antinomies sort of make for that for arithmetic, that
both increment is an operator, and division is an operator,
and while they join as they come together in the field,
in the modular, they represent yet opposite concerns.

So, Mirimanoff's extra-ordinary, is another way to look
at Goedel's incompleteness, that the truths about the
objects, i.e. their proofs or models, do have an
extra-ordinary existence, arising from the resolution
of what would otherwise be the contradiction, the paradox,
making for why Goedel's result is as well that there
_is_ an extra-ordinary infinity, plainly courtesy the mind,
and simple ponderance of alternatives in quantifiers
and the basis of fundamental logic.

So, it's not "wrong", instead, it's "better".

I like to think of it this way as I am entirely pleased
about it and it very well follows from what I've studied
of the development of the canon of logic as it was and is,
and, will be.

Warm regards, E.S., bonjour,

 I am interested in foundations of logic only so that that I can derive
the generic notion of correct reasoning for the purpose of practical
application in daily life.
 For example the claim that election fraud changed the outcome of the
2020 presidential election could be understood as untrue as if it was
an error in arithmetic.
No, the Truth or Falsehood of that statement would be based on looking at the ACTUAL OBSERVATION of how much "fraud" could be shown to exist, that isn't something determined by "analytical logic" but by forensic investigation, by OBSERVATION. (just the opposite of what you try to claim).

 Only because humans have a very terribly abysmal understanding of
the notion of truth is propaganda based on the Nazi model possible.
No, it is based on people beleiving propaganda over facts.

 The Tarski Undefinability theorem seems to support Nazi propaganda
in that it seems to cause all of the world's best experts to uniformly
agree that no one can ever possibly accurately specify exactly what
True(L,x) really is.
Nope, but YOUR claim would be more of a support for that then his.

 If we cannot ever accurately know what truth is then we can never
consistently correctly divide truth from dangerous lies. This is
currently having horrific consequences.
But that isn't what Tarsli said, but your claim is exactly what the people you try to decry use.
Your logic is based on LYING, so it actually PROMOTES the lies that you claim to be fighting.
YOUR ignoring of the actual facts presented to you validates the ignoring of the facts by those that you claim to be fighting.

-- https://www.youtube.com/@rossfinlayson