Re: We finally know exactly how H1(D,D) derives a different result than H(D,D)

Sujet : Re: We finally know exactly how H1(D,D) derives a different result than H(D,D)
De : polcott2 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (olcott)
Groupes : comp.theory sci.logic
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 09:07:03
On 3/8/2024 12:34 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/7/24 10:00 PM, olcott wrote:
On 3/7/2024 9:28 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/7/24 4:00 PM, olcott wrote:
On 3/7/2024 5:18 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/7/24 3:02 PM, olcott wrote:
On 3/7/2024 4:32 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/7/24 1:05 PM, olcott wrote:
H1(D,D) maps its input + its own machine address 00001422 to its output.
  H(D,D) maps its input + its own machine address 00001522 to its output.
Thus both H1 and H are computable functions of their input.

And thus you are admitting that Neither H or H1 are actually correct Halt Deciders, as Halt Deciders must be only a function of the description of the Compuation to be decided.

It turns out that both H(D,D) and H1(D,D) do correctly determine
whether or not they must abort the simulation of their input.

Which isn't the halting question, so you are LYING.

As I completely explained yet you persistently ignore the
halting question can only be correctly answered indirectly
otherwise inputs that contradict the decider that is embedded
within these inputs have no answer at all.

In other words you argue by lying.

The QUESTION is, and always will be, does the computation described by the input Halt when run.

The Computation so described is FIXED and UNCHANGING reguards of what the decider that is deciding does, as is the behavior of the H that it is built on.

That was FIXED and made UNCHANGING when it was defined.

Thus, the question does THIS H^(H^) halt? HAS a definite and fixed answer. SO you LIE when you said it doesn't.

Your problem seems to be that you think "Get the Right Answer?" is a valid program instruction, or that H can somehow "change" itself after H^ gets defined. IT CAN'T.

YOU persistently ignore this fact, likely because you are too stupid and ignorant to understand that fundamental nature of programs, that they will do what their programming says they will do, and that programming doesn't change, EVER, with out the creation of some NEW program that is different from its predicesor.

YOU *NEVER* have the right to change the question for a problem.

You can try to point out the the problem is inconsistant, and propose a NEW PROBLEM, but that doesn't change the old.

You can talk about your new problem that you think is more useful than the actual Halting Problem, after all, someone might be more interested in the incorrect opinion of an admittedly faulty "Olcott-Halt Decider" than the actual behavior of the Computation they are interested in.

NOT.

What you can't to is say you are working on one problem, while trying to change it to mean something different. That is just call LYING, and you seem to know that you doing it (you might feel you have justified reasons to talk about a different problem) so the lie is DELIBERATE.

That you or others consider this somehow improper does not change
the verified fact that they both correctly determine whether or
not they must abort their simulation.

Which isn't the Halting Question, which you claim you are working on, so you are just LYING.

Already fully explained many many times (including above)
yet your ignorance is very persistent.

So, you think you can change the question and still be talking about the same question.

You ARE the LIAR PARADOX.

It is also the case that both H1(D,D) and H(D,D) are a pure function
of their inputs when we construe their own machine address to be an
element of these inputs.

Which means they are not computing the Halting Function, which isn't a function of the decider, so again, you are LYING.

Already fully explained many many times (including above)
yet your ignorance is very persistent.

Yes, you have ADMITTED that you are LYING about working on the Halting Problem.

Turing machines don't even have the idea of their own machine
address so this exact same thing cannot be Turing computable.

And it isn't a Halt Decider even in Olcott machines as the algorithm is shown to vary by a parameter that it isn't allowed to vary to be a Halt Decider.

Olcott machines entirely anchored in Turing machine notions
can compute the equivalent of H1(D,D) and H(D,D).

Because Olcott machines are essentially nothing more than
conventional UTM's combined with Conventional Turing machine
descriptions their essence is already fully understood.

The input to Olcott machines can simply be the conventional
space delimited Turing Machine input followed by four spaces.

This is followed by the machine description of the machine
that the UTM is simulating followed by four more spaces.

When this input is ignored Olcott machines compute the
exact same set as Turing machines.

Unlike Turing machines, Olcott machines have the basis to
determine that they have been called with copies of their
own TMD.

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hq0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hqy ∞ // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ halts
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hq0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hqn   // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ does not halt

With Olcott machines Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <Ĥ> and H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <H> do
not have the same inputs thus can compute different outputs
when they do not ignore their own TMD.

THen you build H^ wrong. Of course with your change in mechanics, the H^ that needs to be generated will be a bit different.

That Olcott machines always know their own TMD is unconventional.

And breaks much of the background of Turing Machines,

Not at all. Not in the least little bit.
Olcott machines are 100% fully specified
in terms of Turing machines.

Yes, BUT if you talk about an Olcott machine, you MUST include the added data as part of the description of that machine, or you are just LYING.

so if you what to use ANY establish property of Turing Machine, you must include that now extra data EXPLICITLY.

It is already explicitly included in the definition of an Olcott machine.

Which means that you can't actually write an Olcott-Machine that matches the requirements for a Halt Decider.

A Halt Decider MUST be able to defined as taking JUST the description of the Computation to be decided (the Allgorithm and the Data). In general this also holds, to be a Foo decider, the decider must be give JUST the information about the thing that we are deciding Foo on.

If Olcott machines that are essentially Turing machines configured in
a certain way can detect when they themselves are called in recursive
simulation then this reconfiguration defines a new machine that can
compute every function that a TM can and more.
 Except that by having information that the ordinary Turing Machine can't have, you have lost the assurance that it can't use information that it shouldn't have.
This is merely conventions. When a slight reconfiguration of Turing
machines defines a new machine that computes every function that Turing
machines compute and more then Church-Turing seems to be refuted.
The Linz machines really need to correctly determine whether or not
they have been called in recursive simulation. Olcott machines can do
that.

Since the mapping function for no practial problem actually will depend on the decider that is deciding it, NO Olcott-Machine meets the basic definition to be any of those deciders.

Olcott machines are always able to detect when they themselves
are called in recursive simulation. Since Turing machines cannot
possibly do that then Olcott machine are more powerful.
 Nope. Since there "caller" can lie to them they can not know if THEY have been "called" recursively.

Unless a machine intentionally breaks this feature it remains available.
Making breaking changes to a machine doesn't change computability.

If they are doing a simulation, they MIGHT be able to detect that they are simulation that exact descritption of them, but it is trivial to make the description different, so they can't tell.

This is outside of the scope of refuting Linz.
I do not have enough time left to waste on unnecessary digression.

For instance, your OH never sees that the H^ that it is simulating has a copy of it inside it, because the description changed by being converted to a sub-machine, and that copy can't tell that it is simulating a copy of the machine it is in becausse H^ told it that it was a top level machine that was just H.
There is no such conversation to sub machine.
 You just don't understand what is happening and tried to define thing the way you wanted, but haven't actually acheived it.

You are forced to have the machine take an extra parameter that you then need to constrain that the machine can not actually depend on it.

That their own TMD is correctly construed as an additional input
to their computation (whenever they don't ignore it) does provide
the reason why Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <Ĥ> and H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <H> can compute different
results and still be computations.

But not the RIGHT computation.

Not the same computation that conventional wisdom expects.

SO not the compution DEFINED for the problem.

Remember, the problem STARTS with the mapping function, which defines what the decider is allowed to have as inputs, and what answer each value of those inputs should generate.

By simply defining a reconfiguration of a Turing machine
Olcott machines can compute when they themselves are
called in recursive simulation. H1 and H need to do that.
 Nope.
 How does H detect that the machine it is simulating is has a copy of it in it?
Finally paying attention.
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hq0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hqy ∞ // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ halts
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hq0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.Hqn     // Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ does not halt
Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <Ĥ> performs a string comparison of its first param:⟨Ĥ⟩ with
its last param:<Ĥ> when they match Ĥ.H knows that it is about to
simulate itself.

Right answer to the wrong question is still a WRONG ANSWER.

The right answer to a different question that can always
be construed as the right answer to the original question
by H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ is the right answer.

NOPE, more LIES.

If H(H^,H^) returns non-halting, then H^.H(H^,H^) will ALSO return non-halting, and H^ will halt, meaning H was wrong, and you are LYING.

*No matter how many times I tell you that there is a third*
*input you always immediately forget this right when I tell you*

Ĥ.H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <Ĥ> ⊢* Ĥ.Hqn // must abort input
This one performs string compare on its first param:⟨Ĥ⟩ with
its last param:<Ĥ> proving that it *WILL* simulate itself.

   H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ <H> ⊢* H.qy  // input halts
This one performs string compare on its first param:⟨Ĥ⟩ with its last
param:<H> proving that *WILL NOT* simulate itself.